Thursday, September 24, 2009

Young Professionals Get Together!

Hey Everybody!

I am just going to throw this out there. We NEED to start getting together more consistently and more frequently. I know, I have heard the excuses. We are too busy, we have other things going on, etc. I happen to like everybody in our group. I think we have an opportunity to really grow as christians. I will be honest it is hard for me when I am not surrounded by my christian friends to always act 'christian' or 'godly'. I need the support of my fellow christians, my friends.

I think we can all do once a month?!?! I REALLY do.

I am going to send this out to all of you (please forward to anyone I missed!!! I know I do not have Bobby's email, even though he has given it to me twice :) ). I have picked a date from every month until June. I want everyone to really THINK about their schedules, their lives, and PICK a day that works for you. Tom and I have been here 2 1/2 years and I have not even been to most of your houses. Let me say, I am noisy, I want to see where you live. :)
We have already skipped September. So, I am starting with October and I am suggesting some sort of Halloween party. ( It is just a suggestion)
Friday October 23rd, Saturday October 24th, or Sunday October 25th- ( You pick the day)

November 20, 21, or 22 (again you pick the day)

December 17, 18, or 19 (Christmas Party!!!, We could all pitch in and we could even do it at the church)

January 15, 16, or 17 (again, you pick the day! I put this a little earlier because the Third Annual Phifer Super Bowl Party will be February 7th!)

Sunday February 7th 5 - ? Devotional during Half time show, or come after Sunday night Service (JUST COME WHENEVER)- Phifer House SUPER BOWL PARTY

March 25, 26, or 27( I tried to go around Spring break. Remember, NO EXCUSES!)

April 23, 24, or 25 (Pick a day)

May 21, 22, or 23, (This is the weekend before Memorial Day weekend)

I bet you are all now wondering when I am going back to work. Sorry, I do not see that happening in he near future. I do believe God has given me an opportunity to be organized and think about what I really should be doing with my life. I hope we can do this!
I will be praying about it!

Forward this around with the day you picked and let's get them all filled!!!! :)
Kortney
(your new young professionals activities manager)

1 comment:

Mary Virginia said...

Sounds like a great idea. I'm glad ya'll are going to make a monthly get together happen. I just wanted to add that our mission team is doing a really good study/prayer group right now using the book "40 Days to a Closer Walk with God - The Practice of centering prayer" by J. David Muyskens. It'd be a really good book for the group I think. Instead of doing a daily reading and prayer meditation, you could each do a bi-weekly one (because of all your busy schedules) and then talk about one week a month. Actually in the group time it doesn't really matter if you're all on the same day or not and anyone can join in at anytime. Just thought I'd add an idea for your time even though I can't be there. We'll see ya'll in December.
Grace and Peace Brothas and Sistas,
Mary Virginia